Talk to Nando’s – Competition Rules
1. This competition is organised by Chickenland (Pty) Ltd (the “Promoter”).
2. The competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 years except any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoter and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and franchisees, its affiliates and/or associated companies (“Disqualified Persons”).
3. By entering the competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will, subject to any consumer rights under the Consumer Protection Act, be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deem necessary.
4. The competition commenced on 1st September 2015 and prize draws occur monthly.
5. There are five prizes per month (“the Prize”). Each prize consists of a cash amount of R1000 (one thousand rand).
6. To enter the competition participants will be asked to provide contact information.
7. To stand a chance of winning the Prize, participants must successfully complete the market research survey run on the Talk to Nando’s platform. To be able to complete the market research survey participants must purchase a meal at a participating Nando’s restaurant. CK (Central Kitchen/Nando’s Head office) is excluded from the competition and all survey completions received from CK will be excluded from the monthly draw. Participant will receive a till slip with a unique verification code and a market research survey link. To complete the market research survey the participant must either:
Sms “talk” to 43366
You will receive an sms with the market research survey link
Click on the market research survey link and enter your unique verification code and follow instructions
Access your internet browser
Type in the market research survey link provided on your till slip http://talktonandos.co.za
Enter your unique verification code and follow instructions
8. Electronically generated random draws will take place on the last day of every month. Should the last day of the month fall either on a Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday in the Republic of South Africa, then such draw shall take place on the next succeeding day which is not a Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday. The monthly winner of the Prize will be notified by Nando’s either telephonically or by way of e-mail address. If however the winner cannot be reached after 4 (four) attempts have been made during normal business hours within a period of 72 (seventy-two) hours for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the Rules at the sole and absolute discretion of Nando’s.
9. If required by the Minister for Trade and Industry, the Lotteries Board or for any other reason whatsoever, Nando’s will be entitled to terminate the lucky draws immediately without notice to entrants. In such an event all entrants and/ or winners hereby waive any rights which they may have against Nando’s.
10. Participants may enter the competition as many times as they wish provided that every entry will be in respect of a new purchase at a participating Nando’s restaurant with a new unique till slip.
11. Entries which are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or from Disqualified Persons will be declared invalid.
12. The Promoter is not liable for any defect in the Prizes. The Promoter reserve the right to substitute Prizes with any other prize of comparable commercial value. All ancillary costs, including but not limited to transport, meals, personal and incidental expenses or other fees applicable are the responsibility of the winner and/or participants.
13. Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of these competition rules, the Promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
14. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers and franchisees, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoter and/or use of the Prizes).
15. The Promoter will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prizes and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
16. All participants and the winners agree to make available to the Promoter their personal information (which is necessary for the purposes of this Competition) and agree that the Promotor may process such personal information in this regard.
17. The Promoter may require the winners and/or their partners be identified, photographed and the photographs published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting their Prizes and/or after having received their Prizes. The winners and/or their partners will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
18. All queries in connection with this Competition should be directed to the Nando’s Customer Care Line 0860 113 332.