1 August 2016
Click here to see the terms and conditions for the Women's day competition
Terms and conditions:
1.This competition is organised by Chickenland (Pty) Ltd (the “Promoter”).
2. The competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 years except any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoter and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers and franchisees, its affiliates and/or associated companies (“Disqualified Persons”).
3. By entering the competition, all participants and the winner agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will, subject to any consumer rights under the Consumer Protection Act, be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prize (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deem necessary.
4. The competition commences on 1 August 2016 and ends on 31 August 2016 both days inclusive.
5. There is one prize (“the Prize”). The Prize consists of a luxury Louis Vuitton handbag to the value of R30 000 (thirty thousand rand).
6. To stand a chance of winning the Prize, participants must: (i) visit a Nando’s Restaurant in South Africa; (ii) order any Nando’s meal; (iii) purchase a 275ml Appletiser soft drink; (iv) follow the instructions set out on the till talker which will be displayed on the counter near the till; and:
- SMS the word “Appletiser” and your name to 32141 (at a cost of R1,00 per sms);
- You will then receive an sms stating: “Thanks for entering the Woman’s Month Competition. Please retain your till slip as proof of purchase. The Winner will be announced by 30 September 2016”;
- Should your name be drawn during the electronically generated random draw you will be required to show your till slip as proof of purchase of a Nando’s meal and a 275ml Appletiser soft drink;
- In the event that you do not have your slip or that your slip does not show proof of purchase of a Nando’s meal and a 275ml Appletiser soft drink you will be disqualified and another random draw will be done.
7. An electronically generated random draw will take place on 20 September 2016. The winner of the Prize will be notified by Nando’s telephonically on 30 September 2016. If however the winner cannot be reached after 4 (four) attempts have been made during normal business hours within a period of 24 (twenty-four) hours for any reason whatsoever, the Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the Rules at the sole and absolute discretion of Nando’s. In the event that the participant does not have the slip or the slip does not show proof of purchase of a Nando’s meal and a 275ml Appletiser soft drink the participant will be disqualified and another random draw will be done and the process will be repeated.
8. If required by the Minister for Trade and Industry, the Lotteries Board or for any other reason whatsoever, Nando’s will be entitled to terminate the lucky draws immediately without notice to entrants. In such an event all entrants and/or the winner hereby waive any rights which they may have against Nando’s.
9. Participants may enter the competition as many times as they wish provided that every entry will be in respect of a new purchase at a participating Nando’s Restaurant.
10. Entries which are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or from Disqualified Persons will be declared invalid.
11. The Promoter is not liable for any defect in the Prize. The Promoter reserve the right to substitute the Prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value. All ancillary costs, including but not limited to transport, meals, personal and incidental expenses or other fees applicable are the responsibility of the winner and/or participants.
12. Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of these competition rules, the Promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
13. All participants and the winner, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers and franchisees, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoter and/or use of the Prize).
14. The Promoter will require the winner to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
15. All participants and the winner agree to make available to the Promoter their personal information (which is necessary for the purposes of this Competition) and agree that the Promotor may process such personal information in this regard.
16. The Promoter may require the winner and/or his/her partner be identified, photographed and the photographs published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting his/her Prize and/or after having received his/her Prize. The winner and/or his/her partner will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
17. All queries in connection with this Competition should be directed to the Nando’s Customer Care Line 0860 113 332.
18. A copy of the competition rules is available at no cost to participants and can be downloaded in printable form from www.nandos.co.za.