On a cool winter weekend in Jozi, the 2018 Basha Uhuru Freedom Festival Fired Up by Nando’s was the hottest place to be.
Thanks to everyone who came along to celebrate Mzansi’s creative talents. And what a lot of talent we’ve got! From art to design, poetry and music, Basha Uhuru 2018 showed off SA’s up-and-coming creators.
- Zoë Modiga performed at the opening of the Nando’s Creative Exchange art exhibition, featuring the works of Christo Basson, Ludumo Maqabuko, Nkosinathi Quwe and Nkoali Nawa.
- Vusi Beauchamp worked on a large-scale artwork alongside the Nando’s stage to the sounds of live music by the likes of Sho Madjozi, Joshua The I AM and MUZI.
- Festival-goers enjoyed performances by a long list of hot young musicians, from KO to Black Motion, Samthing Soweto and more.
- Designers Candice Lawrence and Wacy Zacarias shared their knowledge and practical techniques in a series of workshops and talks at the Nando’s Creative Collisions workshops.
- The works of the 2018 finalists in the Nando’s Hot Young Designer competition were displayed, along with design creations by Thabisa Mjo of Mash T Design studio, who won the previous Nando’s Hot Yong Designer talent search.
- Festival-goers enjoyed the interactive digital experiences provided by Nando’s, including karaoke and GIF booths, as well as a roaming social media camera. Find the photos here!
See the event photos on Zkhiphani.
We had a great time Firing Up Basha Uhuru 2018 and hope you enjoyed celebrating SA’s hot young creative talent as much as we did!